Friday, September 23, 2016

OUAT Intro.

Once Upon A Time, there was a Windowless Review Blog!


Blogging peeps! Beginning this Monday, in three days, not only will you be able to read reviews of Girl Meets World, but now, we will begin review Once Upon A Time! That’s right, OUAT starts back this Sunday, which means you’ll have a double dose of WindowlesReviews on Mondays! OUAT begins it’s sixth season this weekend, and sadly since there are so many episodes per season, we sadly cannot go back, due to time and our real life, to review the past episodes, but we can catch you up on what we like, dislike, and who we ship! As always our reviews will include spoilers as will this post, so reader beware!


Shane Lee’s Fave OUAT Things:


  • I ship: #Swanqueen, (yes I am one of those people, but come on, it’s sooo obvious). I know it will never happen, but i also ship Belle and Hook (more on that later).
  • Seasons 1 & 2 were my favorite and I believe we can all generally agree that Neverland took the show down hill. Frozen was not that great either but I really enjoyed Anna and kind of miss her. Else was just there.
    When Regina went to hug Emma!
  • Regina (Lana Parilla) & Rumple (Robert Carlyle) are the best parts of the show’s and the two strongest actors! If Regina and The Evil Queen have multiple conversations where it is the two of them, I am fine with that!
    Regina*2
  • I am also really enjoying Rebecca Mader as Zelena and am glad she was resurrected!
    The look on Zelena's face when the Charmings show up at the party . . .
  • I love the crazy nature of the show and the magic element, and I love that six season in the show can comment on it’s own crazy since it has established now. I also love how sometimes it’s just ridiculous and makes me laugh, even though it may not be the show’s intention.


Shane Lee’s Least Fave OUAT Things:
I just want to preface that I do enjoy this show, but I do not enjoy all things on it!
  • The Charmings & Henry- Snow and Charming have become so pretentious and self righteous that I just can’t with them anymore. They aren’t perfect, yet no one will ever be as great as they are! And Henry . . . let’s just say that time Pan and Henry switched bodies was something I was rooting for to remain permanent.
  • This magic moment . . .
    Belle- Aside from her never ending trust/distrust in Rumple, this is more of an actor thing. I’m sorry, Emilie de Ravin cannot do or hold accents. In case you didn’t know, Belle is suppose to be French, but she is Australian. It fluctuates and sounds weird. There have even been times that I needed subtexts to understand what she is saying. Season 5 left us with Belle in a box and I hope it stays that way!
    Rumple wonders when Belle will pop out of the box!
  • The Lack of Continuity- I swear OUAT forgets about characters and things that have happened in the past or things that use to be a big deal, like realm hopping, or remember how strong the Blue fairy use to be? Now they never go to her for help? Or what about when the giant was a thing?


Okay, that’s all I have until the season premiere, in which I hope everyone enjoys!

No comments:

Post a Comment