Wednesday, November 9, 2016

OUAT 6.7 Heartless

  • Before I begin, for those of you that do not know, I am participating in Nanowrimo this month. This is where I write a novel (50,000 words) by the end of November and on the days my schedule allows me to do this, I must write 2500 words. Why I am tell you this? Quite simply because with all of the writing I am doing, something may suffer and if I have to choose I am choosing my synopsis and reviews. Have no fear though, I should be able to a blurb each week, so it will just be different until I finish my novel at the end of November!

The Good:
-I actually liked how the plot has the Evil Queen threatening Storybrook as a whole unless she gets Snow heart. Regina very quickly figures out what she’s up to, she’ll rain water from River of Lost Souls ala season 5, unless Snow surrenders to her. She also deducts that the Evil Queen and Gold are romantically involved much to everyone’s chagrin, including myself. Let’s see some reactions:
Disgusted


Shocked her Bae might cheat on her

Disappointed 

Weirded Out

And slightly in the mood now . . .


-While in the end a new curse was cast that put a twist on the sleeping spell, it is kind of LOL moment if Snow and David keep kissing each other and to take the curse away from them. I picture that like those key chains that say How do you keep an idiot busy? Turn over for answer and the backside says the same thing. I can totally see them doing that.
- Finally, Zelena and Belle both find out about Gold and the Evil Queen and Zelena was more hurt than Belle, lol!

Angry Zelena!
The Bad:
Trapped in the Closet by D. Charming

  • The was a no Snow & Charming episode. Remember, David has half of Snow’s heart and the flashback was about a meeting they had and neither knew it was the other. In present time, they surrender to the Evil Queen, and no one lifts a finger to help.
    The Untold Story of Thing, the Hand!
    Regina led them to a magic sapling that the Evil Queen magic’d away and snapped. This brings me to the most irritating thing this week: Everyone that has magic does not use it to make life any easier or to just help them in their time of need. Blue is suppose an all power fairy and rather fight hand to hand combat wearing a dress over a hula hoop!
    "What magic?" Blue asked.
    And Regina, as good as she was this episode did not magic the sapling away from the Queen before she snapped it.
  • In a land full of magic, everyone rather drive and walk around moping about problems that magic could solve! This is OUAT!



The evil queen is back, Emma's savior status is a big deal, and Snow has been put under a sleeping curse. Hello season one! We've missed you, except this time around the show isn't as good. I don't even know the point of this episode other than to remind us of the truest of loves that The Charmings have and to remind us that Emma is still in fact the savior. 

The Evil Queen is after Snow's heart and she positioned the Charmings to sacrifice themselves to save Storybrooke. If she doesn't get Snow's heart she will put a curse on them. That's pretty much THE story of this episode with very little side stories happening. A flashbacks exist in Heartless, but the purpose of that tale is to reinforce the Charming's true love and show us how they created the sapling that was created by those two. 

They find out about the sapling from Blue, the fairy, when they are brainstorming ways to take down Rumple and Evil Regina. They decide they can't stop her, but they can imprison her with the sapling Blue mentioned. The only problem is they don't know where the sapling is in Storybrooke  and they fear Rumple and Queenie might be on their case as they search for it. Regina attempts to calm those fears by admitting to the Charming clan that the alliance between Rumple and Evil Queen could be more than just business. 

No. I can't believe that. All of the flashbacks from previous season do not suggest any kind of romance between these two. The fact that they are pushing it now just annoys me. I do appreciate all of the reactions Regina got when she shared this though. 







Possibly my favorite

I see you liked those too, Shane! Honestly, probably my favorite thing about the whole episode because it didn't really get better from there. Snow, David, and Regina go searching for the sapling and find it, only to have Evil Queen show up almost immediately and crush the sapling to dust. After that, they (Snow and David) hide out in their apartment and discuss what their next plan will be. Once they decide that sacrificing themselves is the only way to save the town they give themselves up to Evil Queen. Guess what the Evil Queen does when she gets her hands on Snow and David? Well, first she tears their hearts out and makes you think she is going to crush them. Been there done that. Then, she puts the hearts back in their bodies and....are you ready for it? She puts Snow under a sleeping curse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What?! Did she really? I can't believe it. That has NEVER happened before! This is so new and crazy. I can't believe the show went there. But wait, there's more. Charming finds Snow in the forest under that tree/tanning bed thing that he found snow in episode one, and he kisses her. Snow wakes up! Whoaa! Here's the twist though, David then falls asleep. Regina concludes that one can't be awake while the other is. This show. Unbelievable. What happens next week? I don't even know. I'm just gonna wait and see.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment